TMC has made great efforts to be aligned with international standards and its Clinical Medical Education first passed through International Accreditation by Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health in China in 2008. Today, its aim is to rank among the most internationalized medical schools in China.
The lastest data shows there are 796 international situdents from over 135 countries/regions studying in TMC today, if Hongkong, Taiwan & Macao included, the number mounts up to 839. TMC boasts 132 foreign guest professors, 11 high-end foreign experts, 1 “Foreign Thousand Talents ”, and 7 International Scientific Cooperation Platforms as well. The Internationalization of HUST in URI-2016 ranked 7 in China.
So far TMC of HUST has built long-term and neighborly cooperative relationship with more than 40 universities, institutes and medical schools from over 20 countries and regions.
From 1980, a series of intercollegiate cooperation agreements were signed between TMC and Heidelberg University, University of Duisburg-Essen etc. in Germany, Kyoto University, Kanazawa Medical University etc. in Japan, John HopkinsUniversity, Saint Louis University, University of Rhode Island, University of Iowa etc. in U.S.A., and University of Western Sydney, University of Technology Sydney etc. in Australian and many other colleges around the world. Since 2007, a total of over 300 clinical exchange students from Germany and Japan once studied or received training in TMC.
TMC holds a variety of international meetings or symposia to promote communication with other domestic or foreign scholars and to further expand international exchanges.
Various cross-cultural exchange programs and Summer or Winter Camps were organized by TMC under the intercollegiate agreements or with the help of Alumni.
1. In 2008, the German Ambassador Dr. Michael Schaefer and his wife visited Tongji Medical College
2. In 2008, President of Heidelberg University, Germany, visited Tongji Medical College
3. In 2009, President of the University of Cologne, Germany, visited Tongji Medical College
4. In 2007, a symphony orchestra composed by doctors from Hamburg, Germany, performed in Tongji Medical College's 100th anniversary celebration
5. In 2012, a medical delegation from University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany, visited Tongji Medical college, aiming to strengthen intercollegiate cooperation
6. In 2013, the rector of University of Insubria, Italy, former Dean of the Medical School, Prof. Renzo Dionigi visited Tongji Medical College
7. In 2012, former Executive Vice-President Professor HUANG Guang-ying visited Juntendo University, Japan
8. An intercollegiate agreement was signed with Saint Louis University, USA in 2013
9. In 2014, Prof. DING Lieyun, President of HUST, led a delegation visited Heidelberg University in Germany, and received warm welcome
10. In 2016, Prof. Keith Lioyd, the Dean of the Medical School of Swansea University, UK, visited Tongji Medical College
11. In 2016, Our delegation attended the "Sino-German Forum for Higher Education and Science-Technology Innovation" in Berlin
12. In 2016, Prof. WANG Guobin, the director of Union Hostpital signed a stratetic cooperation agreeement with Paris Descartes University in Paris.