Job title: Vice President of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Dean and Secretary of Party Committe of Tongji Medical College, Professor of Pharmacology
Academic Areas: Pharmacology
Research Interests: Neuropsychopharmacology, Major depressive disorders, Drug Addiction
PhD in Physiology, 1998, The Heidelberg University School of Medicine, Germany
MS in Physiology, 1990, Tongji Medical University, China
Professor (2002- ), Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medicine School, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Postdoctor (1998-2001), The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, USA
Visting Scholar (1995-1996), The University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Lecturer (1990-1995), Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medicine School, Tongji Medical University, China.
1. Guan XL, Wu PF, Wang S, Zhang JJ, Shen ZC, Luo H, Chen H, Long LH, Chen JG, Wang F. Dimethyl sulfide protects against oxidative stress and extends lifespan via a methionine sulfoxide reductase A-dependent catalytic mechanism. Aging Cell. 2016 Oct 28.
2. Yang S, Long LH, Li D, Zhang JK, Jin S, Wang F, Chen JG. β-Guanidinopropionic acid extends the lifespan of Drosophila melanogaster via an AMP-activated protein kinase-dependent increase in autophagy. Aging Cell. 2015 Dec;14(6):1024-33.
3. Zhou J, Luo Y, Zhang JT, Li MX, Wang CM, Guan XL, Wu PF, Hu ZL, Jin Y, Ni L, Wang F, Chen JG. Propranolol decreases fear memory retention via modulating the stability of surface GluA1 in the lateral amygdala. Br J Pharmacol. 2015 Nov;172(21):5068-82.
4. Luo Y, Zhou J, Li MX, Wu PF, Hu ZL, Ni L, Jin Y, Chen JG, Wang F. Reversal of aging-related emotional memory deficits by norepinephrine via regulating the stability of surface AMPA receptors. Aging Cell. 2015 Apr;14(2):170-9.
5. Yu XW, Hu ZL, Ni M, Fang P, Zhang PW, Shu Q, Fan H, Zhou HY, Ni L, Zhu LQ, Chen JG, Wang F. Acid-sensing ion channels promote the inflammation and migration of cultured rat microglia. Glia. 2015 Mar;63(3):483-96.
6. Lu HF, Wu PF, Yang YJ, Xiao W, Fan J, Liu J, Li YL, Luo Y, Hu ZL, Jin Y, Wang F, Chen JG. Interactions between N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor and GluR2 in the nucleus accumbens contribute to the expression of locomotor sensitization to cocaine. J Neurosci. 2014 Mar 5;34(10):3493-508.
7. Jiang B, Wang W, Wang F, Hu ZL, Xiao JL, Yang S, Zhang J, Peng XZ, Wang JH, Chen JG. The Stability of NR2B in the Nucleus Accumbens Controls Behavioral and Synaptic Adaptations to Chronic Stress. Biol Psychiatry. 2013 Jul 15;74(2):145-55.
8. Li YK, Wang F, Wang W, Luo Y, Wu PF, Xiao JL, Hu ZL, Jin Y, Hu G, Chen JG. Aquaporin-4 Deficiency Impairs Synaptic Plasticity and Associative Fear Memory in the Lateral Amygdala: Involvement of Downregulation of Glutamate Transporter-1 Expression. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2012 Jul;37(8):1867-78.
9. Jiang B, Xiong Z, Yang J, Wang W, Wang Y, Hu ZL, Wang F, Chen JG. Antidepressant-like effects of Ginsenoside Rg1 produced by activation of BDNF signaling pathway and neurogenesis in the hippocampus. Br J Pharmacol. 2012 Jul;166(6):1872-87.
10. Huang C, Hu ZL, Wu WN, Yu DF, Xiong QJ, Song JR, Shu Q, Fu H, Wang F, Chen JG. Existence and distinction of acid-evoked currents in rat astrocytes. Glia. 2010 Sep;58(12):1415-24.
11. Mao LM, Wang W, Chu XP, Zhang GC, Liu XY, Yang YJ, Haines M, Papasian CJ, Fibuch EE, Buch S, ChenJG, Wang JQ. Stability of surface NMDA receptors controls synaptic and behavioral adaptations to amphetamine. Nat Neurosci. 2009 May;12(5):602-10.
12. Wang T, Gu J, Wu PF, Wang F, Xiong Z, Yang YJ, Wu WN, Dong LD, ChenJG. Protection by tetrahydroxystilbene glucoside against cerebral ischemia: involvement of JNK, SIRT1, and NF-kappaB pathways and inhibition of intracellular ROS/RNS generation. Free Radic Biol Med., 2009 Aug 1;47(3):229-40.
1001051 Pharmacology (undergraduate)
510.515 Ion channels and patch clamp technology (graduate)
510.544 Advanced Pharmacology (graduate)
1. The basis of genetics and neurobiology and therapy of major depressive disorders. National Key Basic Research Program of China, 2012-2017
2. Clinical medicine research based on ultra high resolution PET. National Major Scientific Instrument and Equipment Development Projects, 2013-2017
3. The role of autophagy-induced GABAA receptor dysfunction in nucleus accumbens in cocaine addiction. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2015-2018
4. Effects and underlying mechanisms of caspase-1-induced abnormal cleavage and dysfunction of AMPA receptor on cacaine addiction. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2017-2020
5. Pathogenesis and intervention strategy of mood disorders, Program for Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in University, 2014-2016