Job title: Assistant Professor, Toxicology
Academic Areas: Toxicology
09/2009-07/2014 Doctoral Degree of Philosophy, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China, Advisor: Dr. Dongxin Lin
09/2005-07/2009: Bachelor’s Degree of Biological Science, College of Life Science, Nankai University, Tianjin, China
09/2009-present Assistant Professor, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science & Technology
1. Wu C*, Kraft P*, Zhai K*, Chang J*, et al. Genome-wide association analyses of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in Chinese identify multiple susceptibility loci and gene-environment interactions. Nat Genet 2012;44:1090-7. (*co-first authors)
2. Tan DE*, Foo JN*, Bei JX*, Chang J*, et al. Genome-wide association study of B cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma identifies 3q27 as a susceptibility locus in the Chinese population. Nat Genet 2013;45:804-7. (*co-first authors)
3. Chang J, Wei L, Miao X, Yu D, et al. Two novel variants on 13q22.1 are associated with risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2015
4. Chang J, Huang Y, Wei L, Ma B, et al. Risk prediction of esophageal squamous-cell carcinoma with common genetic variants and lifestyle factors in Chinese population. Carcinogenesis 2013.
5. Zeng C, Matsuda K, Jia WH, Chang J, et al. Identification of Susceptibility Loci and Genes for Colorectal Cancer Risk. Gastroenterology 2016
6. Xiong F, Wu C, Chang J, Yu D, et al. Genetic variation in an miRNA-1827 binding site in MYCL1 alters susceptibility to small-cell lung cancer. Cancer Res 2011;71:5175-81.
7. Zhang T, Cai J, Chang J, Yu D, et al. Evidence of associations of APOBEC3B gene deletion with susceptibility to persistent HBV infection and hepatocellular carcinoma. Hum Mol Genet 2012.
8. Wu C, Chang J, Ma B, Miao X, et al. The Case-Only Test for Gene-Environment Interaction is Not Uniformly Powerful: An Empirical Example. Genet Epidemiol 2013;37:402-7.
9. Wu C, Li D, Jia W, Hu Z, Zhou Y, Yu D, Tong T, Wang M, Lin D, Qiao Y, Chang J, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies common variants in SLC39A6 associated with length of survival in esophageal squamous-cell carcinoma. Nat Genet 2013.
10. Zhai K, Tian X, Wu C, Lu N, Chang J, et al. Cytokine BAFF gene variation is associated with survival of patients with T-cell lymphomas. Clin Cancer Res 2012;18:2250-6.
11. Wei Q, Yu D, Liu M, Wang M, Zhao M, Jia W, Ma H, Fang J, Xu W, Chen K, Xu Z, Wang J, Tian L, Yuan H, Chang J, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies three susceptibility loci for laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma in the Chinese population. Nat Genet 2014;46:1110-4.
12. Wu C, Miao X, Huang L, Che X, Jiang G, Yu D, Yang X, Cao G, Hu Z, Zhou Y, Zuo C, Wang C, Zhang X, Yu X, Dai W, Li Z, Shen H, Liu L, Chen Y, Zhang S, Wang X, Zhai K, Chang J, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies five loci associated with susceptibility to pancreatic cancer in Chinese populations. Nat Genet 2012;44:62-6.
13. Wu C, Hu Z, He Z, Jia W, Wang F, Zhou Y, Liu Z, Zhan Q, Liu Y, Yu D, Zhai K, Chang J, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies three new susceptibility loci for esophageal squamous-cell carcinoma in Chinese populations. Nat Genet 2011;43:679-84.
14. Qiao Y, Zhou Y, Wu C, Zhai K, Han X, Chen J, Tian X, Chang J, et al. Risk of genome-wide association study-identified genetic variants for non-Hodgkin lymphoma in a Chinese population. Carcinogenesis 2013.
15. Huang L, Wu C, Yu D, Wang C, Che X, Miao X, Zhai K, Chang J, et al. Identification of common variants in BRCA2 and MAP2K4 for susceptibility to sporadic pancreatic cancer. Carcinogenesis 2013;34:1001-5.
16. Wu C, Wang Z, Song X, Feng XS, Abnet CC, He J, Hu N, Zuo XB, Tan W, Zhan Q, Hu Z, He Z, Jia W, Zhou Y, Yu K, Shu XO, Yuan JM, Zheng W, Zhao XK, Gao SG, Yuan ZQ, Zhou FY, Fan ZM, Cui JL, Lin HL, Han XN, Li B, Chen X, Dawsey SM, Liao L, Lee MP, Ding T, Qiao YL, Liu Z, Liu Y, Yu D, Chang J, et al. Joint analysis of three genome-wide association studies of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in Chinese populations. Nat Genet 2014;46:1001-6.
17. Lan Q, Hsiung CA, Matsuo K, Hong YC, Seow A, Wang Z, Hosgood HD, 3rd, Chen K, Wang JC, Chatterjee N, Hu W, Wong MP, Zheng W, Caporaso N, Park JY, Chen CJ, Kim YH, Kim YT, Landi MT, Shen H, Lawrence C, Burdett L, Yeager M, Yuenger J, Jacobs KB, Chang IS, Mitsudomi T, Kim HN, Chang GC, Bassig BA, Tucker M, Wei F, Yin Z, Wu C, An SJ, Qian B, Lee VH, Lu D, Liu J, Jeon HS, Hsiao CF, Sung JS, Kim JH, Gao YT, Tsai YH, Jung YJ, Guo H, Hu Z, Hutchinson A, Wang WC, Klein R, Chung CC, Oh IJ, Chen KY, Berndt SI, He X, Wu W, Chang J, et al. Genome-wide association analysis identifies new lung cancer susceptibility loci in never-smoking women in Asia. Nat Genet 2012;44:1330-5.
18. Jiang DK, Sun J, Cao G, Liu Y, Lin D, Gao YZ, Ren WH, Long XD, Zhang H, Ma XP, Wang Z, Jiang W, Chen TY, Gao Y, Sun LD, Long JR, Huang HX, Wang D, Yu H, Zhang P, Tang LS, Peng B, Cai H, Liu TT, Zhou P, Liu F, Lin X, Tao S, Wan B, Sai-Yin HX, Qin LX, Yin J, Liu L, Wu C, Pei Y, Zhou YF, Zhai Y, Lu PX, Tan A, Zuo XB, Fan J, Chang J, et al. Genetic variants in STAT4 and HLA-DQ genes confer risk of hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma. Nat Genet 2012;45:72-5.
19. He M, Wu C, Xu J, Guo H, Yang H, Zhang X, Sun J, Yu D, Zhou L, Peng T, He Y, Gao Y, Yuan J, Deng Q, Dai X, Tan A, Feng Y, Zhang H, Min X, Yang X, Zhu J, Zhai K, Chang J, et al. A genome wide association study of genetic loci that influence tumour biomarkers cancer antigen 19-9, carcinoembryonic antigen and alpha fetoprotein and their associations with cancer risk. Gut 2013.
1. Functional analysis based fine-mapping of GWAS identified colorectal susceptible loci 10q22.3. Supported by NSFC, From 2016/01-2018/12 (180,000 RMB). (PI).