Job title: Lecturer of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Academic Areas: Cancers related molecular epidemiology
1. Cancers related molecular epidemiology. Using the techniques of bioinformatics, molecular epidemiology and molecular biology to filter and validate cancers (such as colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer) related susceptibility genes, gene-environment interactions and the potential biological functions.
2. Long non-coding RNA (ncRNA) and genetic variation (SNP) related bioinformatics analyses and database construction.
3. The biological big data analysis and mining. Analyzing high throughput data and the secondary utilizing large database resources (such as TCGA and ENCODE ).
2003.09—2008.07 Bachelor of medicine in Public Health, HUST, Wuhan
2008.09—2013.06 Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, HUST, Wuhan
2013.07—2015.06 Postdoctor, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, school of public health, HUST, Wuhan
2015.07— Lecturer, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, school of public health, HUST, Wuhan, Courses Taught: biostatistics
1. Gong J, Tian J, Lou J, Ke J, Li L, Li J, Yang Y, Gong Y, Zhu Y, Zhang Y, et al. A functional polymorphism in lnc-LAMC2-1:1 confers risk of colorectal cancer by affecting miRNA binding. Carcinogenesis 2016.
2. Gong, J., Liu, W., Zhang, J., Miao, X. and Guo, A.Y. (2015) lncRNASNP: a database of SNPs in lncRNAs and their potential functions in human and mouse. Nucleic acids research, 43, D181-186.
3. Gong, J., Wu, Y., Zhang, X., Liao, Y., Sibanda, V.L., Liu, W. and Guo, A.Y. (2014) Comprehensive analysis of human small RNA sequencing data provides insights into expression profiles and miRNA editing. RNA biology, 11, 1375-1385.
4. Xia X, Chen W, Li J, Chen X, Rui R, Liu C, Sun Y, Liu L, Gong J*, Yuan P: Body mass index and risk of breast cancer: a nonlinear dose-response meta-analysis of prospective studies. Scientific reports 2014, 4:7480. (co-last author)
5. Gong J, Tong Y, Zhang HM, Wang K, Hu T, Shan G, Sun J, Guo AY: Genome-wide identification of SNPs in microRNA genes and the SNP effects on microRNA target binding and biogenesis. Human mutation 2012, 33(1):254-263.
6. Gong J, Liu C, Liu W, Wu Y, Ma Z, Chen H, Guo AY: An update of miRNASNP database for better SNP selection by GWAS data, miRNA expression and online tools. Database : the journal of biological databases and curation 2015, 2015:bav029.
7. Ke J, Lou J, Chen X, Li J, Liu C, Gong Y, Yang Y, Zhu Y, Zhang Y, Gong J*: Identification of a Potential Regulatory Variant for Colorectal Cancer Risk Mapping to Chromosome 5q31.1: A Post-GWAS Study. PloS one 2015, 10(9):e0138478. (last author)
8. Gong J, Shen N, Zhang HM, Zhong R, Chen W, Miao X, Guo AY: A genetic variant in microRNA target site of TGF-beta signaling pathway increases the risk of colorectal cancer in a Chinese population. Tumour biology 2014, 35(5):4301-4306.
9. Gong J, Tong Y, Zhang HM, Guo AY. miRNASNP: a database of miRNA related SNPs and their effects on miRNA function. BMC Bioinformatics 2012, 13(Suppl 18):A2.
10. Hong, Y., Chen, X.Q., Li, J.Y., Liu, C., Shen, N., Zhu, B.B., Gong, J*. and Chen, W. (2014) Current evidence on the association between rs3757318 of C6orf97 and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention : APJCP, 15, 8051-8055. (co-last author)
11. Liu D, Gong J#, Dai W, Kang X, Huang Z, Zhang HM, Liu W, Liu L, Ma J, Xia Z et al: The genome of Ganoderma lucidum provides insights into triterpenes biosynthesis and wood degradation [corrected]. PloS one 2012, 7(5):e36146. (co-first author)
1. The first Hubei Bioinformatics Youth Forum, Wuhan, China, Nov 28, 2015 (the first prize of excellent speaker)
2. The Sixth National Conference on Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, NanJing, China, Oct, 2014
3. The 20th Annual International Conference on Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology, July 15-17, 2012, Long Beach, California, USA (Student Council Symposium, oral speaker)
1. Identification and validation of risk SNPs in miRNA binding sites and transcription factor binding sites for colorectal cancer, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Role: PI.
2. Identification and validation of lncRNA related risk SNPs for colorectal cancer, supported by General Financial Grant from the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, Role: PI.
3. Associations between lncRNA related SNPs and the risk of colorectal cancer, supported by Special Financial Grant from the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, Role: PI.
4. Identification and validation of regulatory SNPs for liver cancer, supported by Independent innovation fund, Role: PI.