Job title: Professor and Dean
Academic Areas: Health policy and management
Research Interests: Health System Performance, Health Service Quality, Public Health Policy, Rural Public Health
Ph.D. in Epidemiology and Health Statistics, 2005, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China;
M.A. in Economics, 1999, Central China Normal University, Wuhan, China.
Professor (2006- present); School of Medicine and Health Management, Tongji Medical College, HUST, Wuhan, China
Associate Professor (2001-2006); School of Medicine and Health Management, Tongji Medical College, HUST, Wuhan, China
Lecturer (1999-2001); School of Medicine and Health Management, Tongji Medical College, HUST, Wuhan, China
1. Prevalence of Tobacco Smoking and Determinants of Success in Quitting Smoking among Patients with Chronic Diseases: A Cross-Sectional Study in Rural Western China[J]. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 2017, 14(2).
2. Factors Influencing Health Knowledge and Behaviors among the Elderly in Rural China[J]. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 2016, 09.
3. Improving the Blood Pressure Control With the ProActive Attitude of Hypertensive Patients Seeking Follow-up Services: Evidence From China[J]. Medicine, 2016, 95(14):e3233.
4. Association between food insecurity and anemia among women of reproductive age:[J]. Peerj, 2016, 4(4):e1945.
5. The Relationship between Social Support and Quality of Life: Evidence from a Prospective Study in Chinese Patients with Esophageal Carcinoma, 2015，44（12）：1603-1612. Iranian Journal of Public Health (English Ed.)
6. Evaluation of rural primary health care in western China: across-sectional study. 2015, 12(11): 13843-13860, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health
7. Analysis of awareness of health knowledge among rural residents in western China. 2015, BMC Public health
8. The use of annual physical examinations among the elderly in rural China: a cross-sectional study. 2014,14(1):16, BMC Health Services Research
9. Association between Time of Pay-for-Performance for Patients and Community Health Services Use by Chronic Patients. 2014. 9(2): e89793. Plos One
10. China's rural public health system performance：a cross-sectional study. 2013，8(12): e83822, Plos One
11. Prescribing pattern and its influencing factors in Chinese county hospitals: a retrospective cross-sectional study. 2013，8(5）：e63225. Plos One
12. Chronic Disease Knowledge and Its Determines among Chronically Ill Adults in Rural Area of Shanxi Province in China: a Cross-sectional Study，2011.11，BMC Public Health
1. Public health performance of rural China, Science Publication
2. Public health reform in Jiulong Po District of China, Science publication
3. Health management, People’s Medical publication
4. Primary health care performance, Chinese Financial Publication
5. Health assessment, Fudan University publication
6. Health Resources Management, Science Publication
1. “Close Mentor” of Huazhong University of science and Technology, 2015.
2. Excellent ph. D proposal “Public health performance Management in Rural China”, 2012.
3. Influencing Factors and Model Study of Maternal and Child Care Interventional Effect won the 2010 Prize of Progress in Science and Technology of Wuhan City(Third Class)
[Certificate Serial Number: 2010J-118-3-65-049-01; Participants: Zhanchun Feng, Hongying Jia et al. ]
4. Strategy Research of Health Quality Improvement in Township Health Center in Poor Rural Areas won the 2008 Prize of Progress in Science and Technology of Hubei Province (Second Class).
[Certificate Serial Number: 2008J-251-2-063-052-D01; Participants: Liang Zhang, Zhanchun Feng et al.]
5. Evaluation Research of the Performance of Basic Health Service Agencies won 2009 Provincial Prize of Progress in Science and Technology of Hubei Province (Third Class)
[Certificate Serial Number: 2009J-208-3-105-097-D01; Participants: Liang Zhang, Zhiguo Zhang, Zhanchun Feng et al.]
6. Appraisal and Improvement of the Performance of Township Health Center in Poor Rural Areas of Midwest China won the 2011 Health Management Prize of Chinese Medical Science and Technology Awards.
[Certificate Serial Number: 201105214U0101; Participants: Liang Zhang, Zhanchun Feng, Juyang Xiong et al]
Advances in contemporary management
Public health and public administration reform
1. 2017-2020, Project Leader,Research on mechanism of vertical integration of health workers on public health system performance in rural areas, National Natural Science Foundation
2. 2015- 2018, Project Leader, Study on Public-private partnerships mechanism of public health services in rural areas oriented with system performance, National Natural Science Foundation
3. 2013- 2016, Project Leader, Study on Rural Regional Public Health System Performance control Model, National Natural Science Foundation
4. 2013- 2016, Project Leader, Evaluation of China’s Malaria Elimination Work and Policy Analysis, China's Ministry of Health
5. 2010- 2012, Project Leader, Evaluation of Rural Regional Public Health System Performance, National Natural Science Foundation
6. 2011- 2014, Subproject Leader, Monitoring and Evaluation of the Western Minority Areas of Rural Health Services Effective Model of Integrated Management, China Medical Board
7. 2009-2011, Subproject Leader, The Henan Province Textile AIDS Scale Field Epidemiological and Intervention Study, National Science and Technology Major Projects
8. 2008-2010, Project Leader, Performance Evaluation Index System of Public Hospitals Based on the Stakeholder Theory of Organizational Performance, National Natural Science Foundation
9. 2006-2008, Project Leader, Public Health System Performance Conceptual Model of Rural China, National Natural Science Foundation
10. 2006-2007, Project Leader, Rural Regional Public Health System Performance Conceptual Model of Qianjiang County in Chongqing Province, China's Ministry of Health