Job title: Professor of Social health and health management
Academic Areas: Health policy & Equity;Corporate & governance of Public hospital； Modern hospital management system of China Universal Health Coverage &Health insurance system Interaction of hospital, insurance & pharmacy
Research Interests: 1) Hospital Management;2) Population and Health;3) Health Resource Management
Prof. Fang Pengqian is Level-2 superior professor at HUST, dean of the Academy of Health Policy and Management of HUST, and Ph.D. Candidate Supervisor. And he‘s ‘Changjiang Scholars’ special employment professor honored by Ministry of Education, ‘New Century Excellent Talents in University’ founded by Ministry of Education, Hubei Provincial Medical Leadership (health management area). As a social health & health management professor, Prof. Fang hold several significant research program. He is the chief expert of major projects of National social science fund, chief expert of philosophy and social science major technological project of the Ministry of Education, holding a key project of National Natural Science Foundation, also is chief editor of China's medical and health cause development report (health reform and development of the green book), which is one of philosophy and social sciences development report project of the Ministry of Education).
2003-2004 Post-doctoral Fellow in Center for Health Policy, Stanford University, U.S.A
1999-2002 Ph.D. in Demography, Institute of Population Research, Peking University, Beijing, P.R.C.
1985-1988 Master of Medicine in Biostatistics and Social Medicine, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R.C.
1980-1985 Bachelor of Medicine in Epidemiology, Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, Hubei,P.R.C.
2015-Current Dean，Academy of Health Policy and Management, HUST, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R.C.
Professor and Ph.D. Candidate Supervisor, School of Medicine and Health Management, HUST, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R.C.
Director of Center for Hospital Management and Development Research, Tongji Medical College, HUST, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R.C.
2008-2015 Vice-Dean, Professor and Ph.D. Candidate Supervisor, School of Medicine and Health Management, HUST, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R.C.
Director of Center for Hospital Management and Development Research, Tongji Medical College, HUST, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R.C.
2001-2008 Professor and Ph. D. Candidate Supervisor , Director of the Department of Health Management, School of Medicine and Health Management, Tongji Medical College, HUST, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R.C.
1993-2001 Lecturer, Associated Professor, Vice-Chairperson of Maternal and Child Health Faculty, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R.C.
1988-1992 Teaching Assistant in Department of Biostatistics and Social Medicine, Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, Hubei, P.R.C.
- Study on the Social Medical Aid System for the Poor in Rural Areas in China. Science Press, 2008, 1st edition
- Study on Corporate Governance and Its Pathway of Public Hospital in China. Science Press, 2010, 1st edition
- Research on investment and financing mechanism and strategy of China's non-profit hospital Science Press, 2011, 1st edition
- Human Resources Development and System Design in Primary Medical Institutions in Urban Areas in China. Science Press, 2012,1st edition
- The internal governance mode of China's public hospital, Science Press, 2014, 1st edition
- Report to the Development of China's Medical and Health Care in 2014.People Press,2015, 1st edition
- Theory and practice of public hospitals reform in Wuhan, Wuhan University Press, 2015,1st edition
- Evaluation and prospect of China's basic medical insurance system, HUST Press, 2015,1st edition
- Report to the Development of China's Medical and Health Care in 2015. People Press,2016, 1st edition
- Management theory and method of new progress in nursing, People's Medical Publishing House, 2016, 1st edition
- Research on county health service management system and operation mechanism in China, Science Press, 2016, 1st edition
National teaching material
- Medical Social Science Research Methods (editor in chief). People’s Medical Publishing House, 2010, 1st edition
- Medical Service Marketing and Markets (editor in chief). Science Press, 2010,1st edition
- Modern Hospital Management Tutorial (editor in chief).Science Press, 2009, 1st edition
- Studies on Contemporary Social Security (editor in chief).Hubei Science and Technology Press,2006, 1st edition
- HIV/AIDS Projects Management Tutorial (editor in chief). Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press, 2010, 1st edition
Faced with Challenges of Influenza Pandemic ---- Exploration of Influenza Pandemic Preparedness in Grass-roots Areas of China (editor in chief). China Financial & Economic Publishing House, 2010, 1st edition
- Assessing the disease burden of Yi people by years of life lost in Shilin county of Yunnan province, China[J]. BMC Public Health,2009,188：1-6.(SCI)
- The Relationship between Job Burnout and Perfectionism, Work-related Stress, and Social Support in Medical Professionals of China[J] JOURNAL OF MENTAL HEALTH POLICY AND ECONOMICS,2009,12(03):15 (SCI)
- Regional inequality in health and its determinants: Evidence from China[J]. Health Policy, 2010, 94:14-25. (SCI)
- How many working days would be missed due to moderate or severe influence pandemic in China?[J] Scandinaian Journal of Public Health,2011,39:656-664 (SCI)
- Factors affecting Preventive Health Service Efficiency of Township Health Center in Rural China[J] Health Economics,2012,110(6)：12-15. (SCI)
- Availability of Anesthesia Equipment in Chinese Hospitals: Is the Safety of Anesthesia Patient Care Assured?[J] Anesthesia &Analgesia.2012, 114(6):1249-1253. (SCI)
- Is a Mass Prevention and Control Program for Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 Good Value for Money? Evidence from the Chinese Experience[J] Iranian J Publ Health,2012,114(6)：34-43 (SCI)
- Do Patients Choose Community Health Services (CHS) for First Treatment in China? Results from a Community Health Survey in Urban Areas[J].Journal of Community Health,2013,38(5)：864-872 (SCI)
- Factors Influencing the Turnover Intention of Chinese Community Health Service Workers Based on the Investigation Results of Five Provinces[J].Journal of Community Health,2013,38(6)：1058-1066 (SCI)
- The study of KBP of road construction workers of highway AIDS prevention project before and after intervention [J]Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine,2013,6(10)：817-822(SCI)
- What limits the utilization of health services among the rural population in the Dabie Mountains-Evidence from Hubei province, China? [J].BMC Health Services Research,2014,14(1) (SCI)
- Factors that influence the turnover intention of Chinese village doctors based on the investigation results of Xiangyang City in Hubei Province[J]. International Journal for Equity in Health, 2014, 13(4):84-87 (SCI)
- Epidemic factors and control of hepatic echinococcosis in Qinghai province[J]. Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology-Medical Sciences,2014,34(1)：142-145(SCI)
- What is the job satisfaction and active participation of medical staff in public hospital reform: a study in Hubei province of China[J]. Human Resources for Health, 2015, 13(SCI)
- Effects of healthcare reform on health resource allocation and service utilization in 1110 Chinese county hospitals: data from 2006 to 2012[J]. The International journal of health planning and management, 2016. (SCI)
- What about the job satisfaction of village doctors during the new healthcare reform?[J]. Australian Health Review, 2016. (SCI)
- Factors affecting turnover intentions among public hospital doctors in a middle-level city in central China[J]. Australian Health Review, 2016. (SCI)
- Burnout among anaesthetists in Chinese hospitals: a multicentre, cross‐sectional survey in 6 provinces[J]. Journal of evaluation in clinical practice, 2016. (SCI)
- Effects of healthcare reform on health resource allocation and service utilization in 1110 Chinese county hospitals: data from 2006 to 2012[J]. The International journal of health planning and management, 2016.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of public hospital reform from the perspective of efficiency and quality in Guangxi, China[J]. Springer Plus, 2016, 5(1): 1922.
- Global budget payment system helps to reduce outpatient medical expenditure of hypertension in China[J]. SpringerPlus, 2016, 5(1): 1877.
- Health professionals’ attitude towards information disclosure to cancer patients in China[J]. Nursing Ethics, 2011, 18(3):346-363. (SCI)
At the same time, 126 academic papers have been published about health policy and health management on authoritative journals in CHINA (as the first author or Corresponding author) since 2005.
Awards and Honors
- Chinese Medical Science and Technology Award (The First Health Management Award), Chinese Medical Association:
Study on Corporate Governance and Its Pathway of Public Hospital in China 2010
- Chinese Medical Science and Technology Award (Health Management Award), Chinese Medical Association:
Research on Health Service and Management System and Operation Mechanism in County level
- Science and Technology Progress Award, Hubei Province:
Study on the Mechanism of Investing and Financing and Strategy Choice of China's Non-Profit Hospital 2013
Study on Health Human Resource Development of Chinese Medical Institutions in Poor Rural Area 2013
Study on Corporate Governance and Its Pathway of Public Hospital in China 2013
Public Health Planning in Rural Poverty-Stricken Areas of China 2009
Medical Financial Assistant in Rural Poverty Areas 2004
Study on Function Identification and Functioning Mechanism of Township Health Centers in China 2007
- Supported by Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University, Ministry of Education, P.R.C 2007
- The Talents and leadership of Health and Medical of Hubei Province (the only one in health management)
- One of chief, central Panel Member, Drafting the"Shi-San Wu” planning, Office of Health care Reform , National council
- Contact experts of the Health Comprehensive Reform in pilot province, Office of Health care Reform , National council
- Central Panel Member, Assessment of National County level Public Hospital Reform, Office of Health care Reform , National council
- Panel Member, Assessment of Public Hospitals Reform and Baseline Survey, NHFPC
- Executive Member, Expert advisory committee for Reform of Hubei Province.
- Vice-Chairmen, Expert advisory committee for Public Hospitals Reform of Hubei Province
- Vice-Chairmen, Healthcare Management Association of Hubei Province, Chinese Preventive Medicine Association
- Executive Member, Medicine Ethics Association of Hubei Province
- Executive Member, Medicine Institute, Systems Engineering Society of China 2013
- Executive Member, Medicine Institute, Systems Engineering Society of China 2009
- Executive Member, China Health Birth Science Association 2007
- Chairmen, Healthcare Management Institute of Wuhan, Chinese Preventive Medicine Association 2005
- Full member, Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA), USA,2012
- Full Member, International Health Economics Association, 2015
- Chairman-elect of health care committee of China Preventive Medicine Association, 2017
- Hospital management
- Social investigation analysis
- Medical marketing
- Integrated health management(Course Open to International Students)
- New progress in hospital management
- Research method and design for social science
- Hospital governance
Comparative analysis of health care system
Login and edit information
National Natural Science Foundation (NSFC, CHINA)
- Jan.2014- The research of universal health insurance system in China based on the interests balance and system integration, Key Project of NSFC.
- 2011-2013 Research on the Supervision of public hospitals in China: Based on the Theory of Incentive Regulation and Multi-Governance.
- Jan.2005-Dec.2007 Study on Assessment of the Scale and Risk of of the Population at High Risk for AIDS in Urban and Rural Areas.
- Jan.2007-Dec.2009 Study on the Investment and Financing Mechanism and the Strategic Choice Dynamic Game for Non-Profit Hospitals in China.
National Social Science Foundation (NSSFC, CHINA)
- Mar.2016- The development strategy research for the promotion of Health China based on the view of universal health coverage. Key Project of NSSFC.
- Jun.2006-Dec2008 Study on Corporate Governance and the Pathway of Public Hospitals in China.
Key project of Ministry of Education, CHINA.
- Jan.2011-Dec.2013 Study on Governance and Regulation in Chinese Public Hospital.
- 2010-2014 Research on Governance and Regulatory Systems of Public Hospitals in China, Social Sciences Major Project
National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC, CHINA/Ministry of Health)
- Jan.2014-2015 Research on Basic Health Service in China
- Jan.2014-2015 Research of Modern Hospital Management System in China
- 2013 Study on Supervision Model of Medical Institutions, Medical Reform Office of the State Council, China
- Jan.2012-2013 Study on Supervision Model of Primary Healthcare Institutions, Ministry of Health, China
- Jan.2008-Dec.2008 Study on Comprehensive Evaluation Index System of Hospitals in China, Department of Medical Administration, Ministry of Health
- Nov.2007-Dec.2008 Study on development of health workforce in rural poverty areas in China, Department of Human Resources, Ministry of Health
- Jun.2008-Sep.2008 Study on the Suitable Reform Model of Enterprise Hospital, Health Resources Development Center, Ministry of Health.
- Jul.2006-May.2007 Study on Community Health Service Demands Based on Health Aging in Urban and Rural Areas in China, Health Economics Institute, Ministry of Health
- Jan.2006-Jun.2006 Study on Human Resource Staffing Standard of Community Health Services, Department of Maternal and Child Health Care , Ministry of Health
- Sep.2005-Dec.2005 Study on Human Resources Standard of Township Health Centers in China, Department of Rural Health Management, Ministry of Health
Chinese Center for Disease Control (CDC, CHINA)
- 2008-2009 On-Site Consulting Project of Assessing Health Resources of Influenza Pandemic
- 2008-2009 Assessment of Health Resources Demands and National Guidance on Reserve and Use of Antiviral Drugs during Influenza Pandemic
- 2007-2008 Assessment of Health Resource Demands and Work-delay during Influenza Pandemic
- 2006-2007 Effect Evaluation of 100% Condom Use program in Hubei
- May.2005-Jan.2006 Study on Function Identification of Township Health Centers in China
Ministry of Science and Technology
- Jan.2010-Dec.2012 Health Service System of Township Hospitals in Dabie Mountain Areas
Ministry of Justice
- Dec.2007-Jul.2009 Study on Alternative Resolution Mechanism in Medical Disputes in China
Ministry of Education
- Jan.2014- Annual Report to the Development of China's Medical and Health Care, the report project of Philosophy and Social Science Development.
- 2007-2011 System Construction and the Government’s Pathway Choice of Hospitals and Community Health Service Institutions in Urban Areas (Supported by Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University)
China Disabled Persons' Federation
- Apr.2007-Sep.2007 Study on The Situation of Women with Disabilities in China
China Medical Board, US
- Jan.2016- Research on the Effect of the Comprehensive Reform of the County Level Public Hospitals on the Quality of Care: A Quasi-experiment on Evaluating Health Service Capability in Hubei, Shandong and Guizhou Provinces of China
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation.
- Feb.2012-Dec.2013 Study on Setting and Planning of the Regional Medical Center in China Based on the New National Health System Reform
Australian Agency for International Development
- Mar.2011-Mar.2012 Study on the Management System of County Medical Centre and Their Operation System Based on County-Township-Village cooperation
- Jan.2009-Dec.2010 Human Resources Development and System Design in Community Health Service Institutions in Urban Areas in China
- 2010 Assessment Tool for the Status of County-level Pandemic Preparedness Planning & the Guidelines for Ongoing Plan Decision for County-level Pandemic Preparedness Response
- 2008 Development of l Influenza Pandemic Preparedness Plans in Grass-Roots Areas
- Jun.2007-Dec.2007 Special Assessment on Maternal and Child Health Sub-project of Health Nine Project Implemented in Poverty-Stricken Areas of Medical Aid
- Feb.2007-Apr.2007 Survey on Medical Aid for Maternal and Child in Poverty Families
UK Department for International Development
- 2009-2010 Comprehensive Assessment of Management Mechanism of International Cooperation Projects of HIV/AIDS
- 2008-2009 Research on Management Mechanism of International AIDS agency