Job title: Associate Professor of Department of Maternal and Child Health
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Academic Areas: obesity and related chronic diseases
My research interest is primarily about child health, with an emphasis on obesity and related chronic diseases. We devote ourselves to the understanding of childhood obesity and its related problems from the prospective of environment, genetic and their interactive effects. I have led, as the Principal Investigator as well as the key team member, many community-based research projects in this regard. We also work with professionals and researchers from abroad on collaborative research projects including those with the Karolinska institute of Sweden and the University of Minnesota of the US. Recently I start a new interest of health policy and it's implications and impact in child health, notably in obesity prevention from health policy perspective. Most of my researches have been published in well-know/peer-reviewed journals domestic and abroad alike.
2014.08-2015.09 Master of International Development Policy (MIDP), Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University, Durham North Carolina, USA
2005.09-2008.06 Doctoral Degree of Medicine,Department of Maternal and Child Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), Wuhan, Hubei, China
2001.09-2004.06 Master Degree of Medicine, Department of Maternal and Child Health,Tongji Medical College, HUST, Wuhan, Hubei, China
1994.09-1999.06 Bachelor Degree of Medicine (MD) Department of Maternal and Child Health,Tongji Medical College, HUST, Wuhan, Hubei, China
2009.10-Present Associate Professor, Department of Maternal and Child Health, School of Public, Health, Tongji Medical College, HUST, Wuhan, Hubei, China
2015.7-2015.10 Researcher Fellow, Duke Global Health Institute, Duke University. Durham, North Carolina, US
2009.12-2011.1 Visiting Scholar, Department of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
2009.10-2009.11 Visiting Researcher Fellow, Department of Pediatric, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
2004.10-2009.9 Assistant Professor, Department of Maternal and Child Health, School of Public, Health, Tongji Medical College, HUST, Wuhan, Hubei, China
1999.07-2004.09 Teaching Assistant, Department of Maternal and Child Health, School of Public, Health, Tongji Medical College, HUST, Wuhan, Hubei, China
1. Hong Mei, Yuelin Xiong, Shuixian Xie, Siyu Guo, Yukun Li, Bingbing Guo and Jianduan Zhang*. The impact of long-term school-basedphysical activity interventions on bodymass index of primary school children – ameta-analysis of randomized controlledtrials. BMC Public Health. 2016; 16:205
2. Mei H, Guo B, Yin B, Liang X, Adair L, Thompson Amanda, Zhang J*.Interactive effects of early exclusive breastfeeding and pre-pregnancy maternal weight status on young children’s BMI– a Chinese birth cohort. PLoS One. 2015; 10(12): e0144357.
3. Bingbing Guo, Hong Mei, Senbei Yang, Jianduan Zhang*. The associated factors of high body mass index in infants and toddlers. Chin J of Pediatric. 2014;52(6): 464-467.
4. Zhang J*, Himes HJ., Yuan G, Jiang J, Yang L, et al. Birth Weight, Growth and Feeding Pattern in Early Infancy Predict Overweight/Obesity Status at Two Years of Age: A Birth Cohort Study of Chinese Infants. PLoS ONE; 2013; 8(6): e64542.
5. Lakshman R, Zhang J, Zhang J, Koch FS, Marcus C, Ludvigsson J, Ong KK, Sobko T. Higher maternal education is associated with favorable growth of young children in different countries. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2013; 67(7):595-602.
6. Zhang J*, Jiang J, Himes JH, Zhang J, Liu G, Huang X, Guo Y, Shi J, Shi S. Determinants of High Weight Gain and High BMI Status in the First Three Months in Urban Chinese Infants. American Am J Hum Biol. 2012; 24(5):633-9.
7. Cao YT, Svensson V, Marcus C, Zhang J, Zhang JD*, Sobko T*. Eating behaviour patterns in Chinese children aged 12-18 months and association with relative weight - factorial validation of the Children's Eating Behaviour Questionnaire. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2012; 9(1):5.
8. Zhang J*, Himes JH, Hannan PJ, Arcan C, Smyth M, Rock BH, Story M.Summer effects on BMI gain and growth patterns of American Indian children from kindergarten to first grade. BMC Pub Heal. 2011, 11: 951.
9. Zhang J, Shi J, Yang S, Du Y, Shi S, Zhang J*. Undernutrition status in Chinese rural children under 5 of years. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 2011; 20 (4):584-592.
10. Zhang J, Wang H, ShI S, Huang X, Liu G, Lian G, Shi J. Reliability and Validity of Standardized Chinese Version of Urban Infant-Toddler Social and Emotional Assessment. Early Hum Dev. 2009; 85 (5): 331-36.
11. Jianduan Zhang, Shuhua Shi: Prevalence of macrosomia and it’s risk factors. Journal of Maternal and Child Health Care of China. 2009, 24(30):4241-4243. (In Chinese)
12. Jianduan Zhang, Wu Lian, Guizhen Jia et al: Heath status of mobile and unmarried women in Guangzhou city. Journal of Maternal and Child Health Care of China. 2007, 22(32): 4581-4582. (In Chinese)
1. National Nature Science Foundation of China (NSFC) 81373017.01/01/2014-12/31/2017 Role of interaction among genes and early life style factors in the development of obesity in infants and toddlers
2. National Nature Science Foundation of China (NSFC) 30800917. 01/01/2009-12/31/2011 A cohort study of developmental trajectory and risk model of overweight/obesity in children under two (PI)
3. The Central University Basic Research Operating Expenses, Special Funds Research projects, 2013TS009 05/01/13-12/31/14 The role of interaction of genetic predisposition and early life style in the obesity development among young children (PI)
4. The Central University Basic Research Operating Expenses, Special Funds Research projects, 2011TS017 05/01/10-12/31/12 The Prospective Study of Diet, Sleeping and Physical Activity Pattern’s Impact on Weight Status among Children from High-obese-risk Families (PI)
5. Ministry of Science and Technology of China D2006FY230200. 03/01/2007-06/30/2009 Growth monitoring and the reference parameters for breast-fed children in China (Co-investigator, responsible for the program executive in Wuhan area)
6. Ministry of Health of China 01/01/2006-12/31/2007 Physical development status of rural children under 7 in the Chinese 10 provinces (Co-investigator)