Job title: Vice dean of the family planning research institute of HUST
Academic Areas: Andrology
Research Interests: Male infertility, Epigenetics, Male contraception
Honggang Li was born in 1975. He is Professor of Andrology at Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST). He completed his PhD (andrology) in 2007 from Tongji Medical College, HUST. He has been involved in male reproduction and andrology since 2002, and currently works as a doctor and a researcher focused on male infertility and male contraception. He found the presence of cell-free seminal nucleic acids in human ejaculate, and demonstrated its potential as a noninvasive approach to reveal epigenetic alterations of human testis/epididymis in male infertility.
1. Wu CL, et al. Fertility and Sterility, 2016, 106, 1331-7.
2. Dong TT, et al. Andrology, 2016, 4, 1010-9.
3. Wu CL, et al. BMC Genomics, 2013, 14, 288.
4. Li HG, et al. Human Reproduction, 2012, 27, 991-7.
5. Li HG, et al. Fertility and Sterility, 2012, 97, 445-52.
6. Huang SY et al. Clinical Chemistry, 2009, 55, 1967-76.