Job title: Professor
Academic Areas: Immunology
Research Interests: Transplant Immunology, Inflammation of Digestive System
Professor (2010-present), Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Tongji Medical College, School of Basic Medicines, Department of Immunology;
Associate Professor (2005-2010), Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Tongji Medical College, School of Basic Medicines, Department of Immunology;
Research fellow(1999-2000),Surgical Laboratory, University of Vienna School of Medicine, Vienna, Austria.
Lecture (1998-2005), Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Tongji Medical College, School of Basic Medicines, Department of Immunology;
1. Xiangyu Chen , Lingyun Li , Muhammad Noman Khan , Lifeng Shi , Zhongyan Wang , Fang Zheng , Feili Gong and Min Fang* HMGB1 exacerbates experimental mouse colitis by enhancing innate lymphoid cells 3 inflammatory responses via promoted IL-23 production. Innate Immunity 2016, Vol. 22(8) 696–705
2. Qin Xu, Fang Zheng, Feili Gong,Min Fang*. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3) gene transfer prolongs the survival of the murine cardiac allograft by attenuating interleukin-17-producing alloreactive T-cell responses. J Gene Med 2014; 16: 66–74.
3. Quansong Xia, Lihua Duan, Lifeng Shi, Fang Zheng, Feili Gong and Min Fang*. High-mobility group box 1 accelerates early acute allograft rejection via enhancing IL-17 + γδ T-cell response. Transplant International 2014, 27: 399-407.
4. Jie Chen, Lihua Duan, Ali Xiong, Hongwei Zhang, Fang Zheng, Zheng Tan, Feili Gong*, Min Fang*. Blockade of IL-33 ameliorates Con A-induced hepatic injury by reducing NKT cell activation and IFN-γ production in mice. J Mol Med (2012) 90:1505–1515.
5.Lihua Duan, Jie Chen, Hongwei Zhang, Heng Yang, Ping Zhu, Ali Xiong, Quansong Xia, Fang Zheng, Zheng Tan, Feili Gong*, Min Fang*. Interleukin-33 ameliorates experimental colitis through promoting Th2/Foxp3 + regulatory T-Cell responses in mice. Molecular Medicine 2012, 18:753-761.
7. Gong Q, Zhang H, Li J-H, Duan L-H, Zhong S, Kong X-L, Zheng F, Tan Z, Xiong P, Chen G, Fang M*, Gong F-L* High-mobility group box 1 exacerbates concanavalin A induced hepatic injury in mice. J. Mol. Med. 2010， 88：1289-1298.
8. Duan L, Wang CY, Chen J, Gong Q, Zhu P, Zheng F, Tan Z, Gong F*, Fang M*. High-mobility group box 1 promotes early acute allograft rejection by enhancing IL-6-dependent Th17 alloreactive response. Lab Invest. 2011;91:43-53.
9. Liu L, Duan L, Gong M, Dai H, Gong Q, Zheng F, Tan Z, Wang C-Y, Gong F, Fang M*. Indoleamine 2,3 dioxygenase and regulatory dendritic cells contribute to the allograft protection by infusion of donor-specific splenic stromal cells. Cellular & Molecular Immunology. 2011；8: 31-40.
10. Zhu P., Duan L., Chen J., Xiong A.,Xu Q., Zhang H.，Zheng F., Tan Z., Gong F.*, Fang M.*. Gene silencing of NALP3 protects against liver ischemia-reperfusion injury in mice. Hum Gene Ther. 2011；22:853–864.
11. Dai H，Zhu H，Lei P, Hideo Yagita，Liu J，Wen X，Zhou W，Gong F，Shen G*，Fang M*.Programmed death-1 signaling is essential for the skin allograft protection by alternatively activated dendritic cell infusion in mice. Transplantation, 2009, 88: 864-873.
12. Yu G, Dai H, Chen J, Duan L, Gong M, Liu L, Xiong P, Wang C-Y , Fang M*and Gong F*. Gene delivery of IDO prolongs cardiac allograft survival by shaping the types of T-cell responses. J. Gene Med. 2008; 10: 754-761.
13.Yu G, Fang M*( * co-first and correspondence author ), Gong M, Liu L, Zhong J, Feng W, Xiong P, Wang C-Y, and Gong F*. Steady state dendritic cells with forced IDO expression induce skin allograft tolerance by upregulation of regulatory T cells. Transplant Immunology 2008; 18: 208-219.
14. Gong Q, Yin H, Fang M, Xiang Y, Yuan CL, Zheng GY, Yang H, Xiong P, Chen G*, Gong FL*, Zheng F.Heme oxygenase-1 upregulation significantly inhibits TNF-α and Hmgb1 releasing and attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury in mice. International immunopharmacology.2008;8:792–798.
15.Huang YF, Yin H, Han JY, Huang BJ,Xu JF, Zheng F, Fang M., Wang CY, Gong FL.Extracellular Hmgb1 functions as an innate immune mediator implicated in murine cardiac allograft acute rejection. American Journal of Transplantation. 2007; 7(2): 293-302.
16. Xu JF, Huang BJ, Yin H, Xiong P, Feng W, Xu Y, Fang M, Zheng F, Wang CY, Gong FL. A limited course of soluble CD83 delays acute cellular rejection of MHC-mismatched mouse skin allograft. Transplant international. 2007, 20 (3): 266-276.
17.Huang BJ, Yin H, Huang YF, Xu JF, Xiong P, Feng W, Zheng F, Xu Y, Fang M, Gong FL. Gene therapy using adenoviral vector encoding 4-1 BBIg gene significantly prolonged murine cardiac allograft survival. Transplant Immunology 2006，16: 88-94.
18. Fang M., Dai H., Yu G. Gong F-L. Gene delivery of SOCS3 protects mice from lethal endotoxic shock. Cellular & Molecular Immunology. 2005，2：373-377.
1. Membership of Chinese Association of Immunology
2. Membership of Chinese-German Medical Association
Molecular immunology (graduate)
Experimental Immunology (graduate)
Advances of Immunology (graduate)
1. Principal investigator: National Natural Science Foundation of China (grant No.91542110) (2016-2018): The roles and mechanisms underlying alarms of HMGB1, IL-33 regulate innate lymphoid cells in the context of inflammatory diseases;
2. Principal investigator: National Natural Science Foundation of China (grant No.81373167) (2014-2017): The features and mechanisms of HMGB1 in the transplant tolerance induced by combination of flt3L and rapamycin;
3. Principal investigator: National Natural Science Foundation of China (grant No.81072440) (2011-2013): The mechanisms and roles of HMGB1 induces and recruites IL-17-producing γδT/Th17 cells in the allograft rejection;
4. Principal investigator: National Natural Science Foundation of China (grant No.30772039) (2008-2010): The mechanisms by which SOCS3 and IDO participate in the regulation of Th17 in the allograft rejection;
5. Co-investigator: NSFC-Guangdong Province Union Grant (U0832003) (2008-2011): Donor-derived apoptotic cells induced the protection of allograft survival and associated mechanisms;
6. Co-investigator: Ministry of Science and Technology of China (grant 2007CB512402) (2007-2011): Innate immunity-related immunoregulation and immunopathology